At Attwood Funerals we believe in price transparency. We believe that a respectful funeral service should be available to all at an affordable price. Our business model is simple and centers around fairness, honesty and vocation. You can be sure with us that there will be no unexpected or unexplained costs added on.
Full Funeral Service from £1,825.00
What is included:
- Meet with you as many times as required at your home or our office to discuss all your requirements and to get to know about the person you have lost
- Complete all the paperwork you will need, and liaise with the relevant crematorium / burial ground to lodge the paperwork and book the chosen day
- Collect your loved one from within a 25 mile radius of Kidderminster (further distances will incur a small extra charge which we can advise you of on request), wash and dress them and look after them at our mortuary facilities
- We can arrange to pick up and deliver the ashes to you within a 25 mile radius of Kidderminster
- We include a simple standard sized coffin or shroud in our fee. These coffins can be changed for an additional fee if you have another preference.
- Up to 50 service sheets, designed and printed with your approval.
- All required staff on the day.
What is NOT included:
- There may by an out-of-hours collection fee where collection of the body of the person who has died is urgent but falls out of normal working hours.
- Flowers. We can arrange for flowers or help you to source your own.
- Sometimes we need to charge a small mileage cost for distances over 25 miles from our base, please ask for a quotation.
- Crematorium fees (More detailed information on local crematoria below)
- Cemetery and Grave Preparation fees. Cemetery fees vary greatly between churches, natural burial grounds and council cemeteries.
- Doctor fees: currently £164. There are instances where these are not required and the death has been referred to the coroner. Two doctors are required and are paied £82 each.
- Where ashes need to be sent out of town a courier fee will apply. This cost will not be applicable if you wish to collect the ashes yourself.
- Hearse and Limousine are hired in as required.
Cremation Direct at £1,295.00
The ‘Cremation Direct’ option means that the cremation will happen in a simple and private way early in the day and with no family attendance at the crematorium chapel for a service or gathering. Your reasons to choose this option could be that:
- The person who has died stated that they did not want a formal ceremony
- Friends and family may want to hold a memorial at a later date
- You may just want to remember the person in your own way and not need a formal gathering for this
- It could be that this is just how you want it! (and choosing this option doesn’t mean that you love them less)
For these or other reasons our simple ‘Cremation Direct’ option could be appropriate.
If you are planning on making a claim from the DWP we will help you through the application process at our office.
What is included:
- Collection and care of the deceased during office hours and within a 25 mile radius of Kidderminster
- Care of the person who has died until the day of the funeral
- Liaising with Doctors or Coroner as applicable
- Ensuring the correct paperwork is completed and that it reaches the correct authority
- A simple coffin
- A scatter tube for the ashes.
- Transportation of your loved one to the crematorium
- Cremation fee
- Collection of ashes (Ashes can be couriered to anywhere in the UK for an additional cost.)
What is not included:
- Doctors fees for completing Cremation Form 4 & 5 (£164 if required)
Unlike many of the big, direct cremation only companies offering lower cost and lower quality services. We offer flexibility, options and quality if you require them.
If you wished to add a visit the chapel of rest or make any changes to the basic direct cremation service, we are happy to adapt to what you would like and do our best to help you through the process.
Breakdown of charges
In the interest of transparency and helping you make informed decisions, we have included a list of estimated costs for the various aspects of our services:
Please note that these prices are estimates and guidelines and not set in stone, we pride ourselves on transparency and also flexibility and that includes costs. We will always do everything we can to get you the best possible service without breaking the bank.
- Collection outside of our normal working area 25 mile radius of Kidderminster) ~ £1 per mile (additional for both inside and outside of normal working hours).
- Additional visits to the chapel of rest ~ £30 per
- Transporting your loved one to the chosen crematorium or burial site in our simple vehicle (within 25 miles of Kidderminster) ~ £125
- Extra bearers and clerks on the day of the funeral ~ £50 per member of staff.
- Supply of fully fitted coffins and shrouds to fit all tastes ~ from £275.
- Professional celebrant on the day ~ £200
- Our Professional Fees including bringing the deceased into our care in working hours, care until the day of the funeral, staff transportation, home visits, consultation, planning, paperwork, co-ordination, liaison and funeral director on the day ~ £1300
- 50 or more Service Sheets/Order of Service (4 Page) ~ £0.90 per sheet, (8 Page) ~ £1.20 per sheet – Designed by us with your approval before printing.
All prices are estimates only.
Pre-Paid Funeral Plans
Planning for later in life is never an easy thing to do, but it can be comforting and reassuring to know that you have taken care of your arrangements, including your funeral. By taking some time now, you can provide both financial and practical help for your loved ones in the future.
As the cost of funerals continues to rise yearly, it may make sense to make a financial provision in advance. By taking out a funeral plan now, the funeral director’s costs are guaranteed to be covered no matter how much prices rise, as long as we carry out your funeral and your requirements don’t change, your family will not be asked to pay a single penny more, regardless how long you have had the plan or what happens to our costs in the meantime.
In your initial payment, you may also include an allowance towards third party (disbursements) costs such as the crematorium fees, burial, medical fees and payment to the minister or celebrant.
Our personalised plans are tailored to your requirements and as such the price is given after we have had a meeting to discuss your needs.