Information on this page
At Attwood Funerals we believe in price transparency. We believe that a respectful funeral service should be available to all at an affordable price. Our business model is simple and centers around fairness, honesty and vocation. You can be sure with us that there will be no unexpected or unexplained costs added on.
Full Funeral Service from £1,875.00
What is included:
- Meet with you to discuss all your requirements and to get to know about the person you have lost
- Complete all the paperwork you will need, and liaise with the relevant crematorium / burial ground to lodge the paperwork and book the chosen day
- Collect your loved one from within a 25 mile radius of Kidderminster (further distances will incur a small extra charge which we can advise you of on request), wash and dress them and look after them at our mortuary facilities
- On the day of the funeral we will bring the person who has died (and up to two family members) in our silver car to the funeral within a radius of 25 miles of Kidderminster.
- We can arrange to pick up and deliver the ashes to you within a 25 mile radius of Kidderminster
- We include a simple standard sized coffin or shroud in our fee. These coffins can be changed for an additional fee if you have another preference.
- Doctor fees: currently £164. There are instances where these are not required and the death has been referred to the coroner.
- Printing for up to 50 simple Service Sheets.
- Transportation of the coffin to the funeral in our Grand Voyager
What is NOT included:
- Out-of-hours collection fee where collection of the body of the person who has died is urgent but falls out of normal working hours.
- Flowers. We can arrange for flowers or help you to source your own.
- Sometimes we need to charge a small mileage cost for distances over 25 miles from our base, please ask for a quotation.
- Crematorium fees – fees are usually around £1000 for a full service.
- Where ashes need to be sent out of town a courier fee will apply. This cost will not be applicable if you wish to collect the ashes yourself.
- Natural Burial fees start from £1000 depending on the location (this includes the cost of the plot and interment fee).
- Fees for burial in a council run cemetery can be much more expensive. The vary for residents and non-residents. We can provide up to date prices at your choice of cemetery on request.
- Hearse and Limousine are hired in as required.
Cremation Direct from £1,400.00
The ‘Cremation Direct’ option means that the cremation will happen in a simple and private way early in the day and with no family attendance at the crematorium chapel for a service or gathering. Your reasons to choose this option could be that:
- The person who has died stated that they did not want a formal ceremony
- Friends and family may want to hold a memorial at a later date
- You may just want to remember the person in your own way and not need a formal gathering for this
- It could be that this is just how you want it! (and choosing this option doesn’t mean that you love them less)
For these or other reasons our simple ‘Cremation Direct’ option could be appropriate.
What is included:
- Collection and care of the deceased during office hours and within a 25 mile radius of Kidderminster
- Care of the person who has died until the day of the funeral
- Liaising with Doctors or Coroner as applicable
- Ensuring the correct paperwork is completed and that it reaches the correct authority
- A simple coffin
- A scatter tube for the ashes.
- Transportation of your loved one to the crematorium using our Grand Voyager
- Cremation fee
- Collection of ashes (Ashes can be couriered to anywhere in the UK for an additional cost.)
What is not included:
- Doctors fees for completing Cremation Form 4 & 5 which are required when the Coroner is not involved and are £164 (£82 per Doctor)
Full payment would be required 3 days before the cremation takes place.
Funeral Support Service
The Funeral Consultancy and Support Service is for people who want to undertake their own research & make their own funeral decisions. It is likely that you’ll want to be highly involved in the arrangement & management of the funeral and only require a minimal level of practical support.
There is no set professional fee for this service. You can pick the services you require from the following:
- An initial consultation of up to 1 hour – FREE
- A full consultation with you and your family. During the meeting we will explain all of the steps required and the options available to you. We will talk you through the entire process and agree the service you require, your level of involvement and your desired funeral arrangements. Plus the preparation of a funeral contract for you to agree – £350
- Collection of your loved one during office hours within a 25 mile radius of Kidderminster. (Our normal working hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday) – £200
- Collection of your loved one outside of office hours – £225
- Collection of your loved one outside of our normal working area 25 mile radius of Kidderminster)- £1 per mile (additional for both inside and outside of normal working hours).
- Looking after your loved one until the time of the funeral £150 (maximum 2 weeks, £20 per day thereafter).
- Preparing your loved one for the funeral according to your wishes. Gently washing, anointing with essential oils & dressing your loved one in clothes (if provided) or gently wrapping in a pure cotton shroud. Preparing the coffin and transferring your loved one into their coffin – £150
- Use of our family room so that you can come and spend time with your loved one and to prepare them for their funeral, initial 1 hour complementary – £20 per hour thereafter.
- Help arranging & booking the cremation or burial and help with completing and administering the necessary paperwork – £120
- Transporting your loved one to the chosen crematorium or burial site in our simple vehicle (within 25 miles of Kidderminster)- £100
- Availability of our funeral team on the day of the funeral – this will normally be the funeral director who originally took your instructions plus 2 assistants (for up to 4 hours)- £300
- Supply of fully fitted coffins and shrouds to fit all tastes and pockets from £200 upwards
- Eulogy writing service from £70
- Professional celebrant on the day £200
Pre-Paid Funeral Plans
Planning for later in life is never an easy thing to do, but it can be comforting and reassuring to know that you have taken care of your arrangements, including your funeral. By taking some time now, you can provide both financial and practical help for your loved ones in the future.
As the cost of funerals continues to rise yearly, it may make sense to make a financial provision in advance. By taking out a funeral plan now, the funeral director’s costs are guaranteed to be covered no matter how much prices rise, as long as we carry out your funeral and your requirements don’t change, your family will not be asked to pay a single penny more, regardless how long you have had the plan or what happens to our costs in the meantime.
In your initial payment, you may also include an allowance towards third party (disbursements) costs such as the crematorium fees, burial, medical fees and payment to the minister or celebrant.
Our personalised plans are tailored to your requirements and as such the price is given after we have had a meeting to discuss your needs.
Coffins, Caskets and Urns
Sometimes the deceased has stated that they don’t want a funeral or a formal ceremony, or they may have no family in this country and a direct cremation could be the most suitable option.
The cremation will happen in a simple and private way early in the day and with no time in the crematorium chapel for a service or gathering.
The ashes can be provided in a container which can be used to scatter the ashes in a place of choice, or the ashes can be scattered in the garden of remembrance at the crematorium, or brought to a memorial ceremony or interred in the ground somewhere appropriate. There are lots of options. The benefit of a direct cremation is that you can arrange a ceremony at a place and time to suit you, you can take as long as you like on the day and the direct cremation is usually the most economical option you can choose.